Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What do you think of training so far?


Here's a picture of our crew -
Meredith, Sarah, Melissa, Stephanie and Kelly
We always meet up at the police station in downtown Wilmore to begin our runs together.

I asked the question, "How do you feel about the training so far" to each of us before the group began the 10 miler. Although Stephanie had already done about 5 when the rest of us showed up! Here's a video of our responses!



Sarah announced her decision to do the half marathon and fully supporting her, some of us may end up joining her on that race too, instead of the full. My knee continues to give me some problems although I now have a formal recovery plan that has included new shoes, drugs, and physical therapy. Melissa & Stephanie keep plugging away the miles and Meredith, well I can't really say enough about Meredith. She always has tips and info to share that help with the physical and mental/emotional trials of training. She's supportive, encouraging and flexible - I'm really glad to be a part of another season of running with her. We're about 5 weeks down into the training but with so many adventures still left to be had - October will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

Meredith Brooks said...

Thanks for posting this Kelly - wow, our teeth all look really white in that video!

Anonymous said...

Your club looks so FUN!!!! I want a fun running club with my friends...no fair! :)

steph said...

Thanks for letting the world know that, even though I do not look the best in the mornings, I had been sweating up a storm before this video. haha.